Welcome to SACE
SACE NEWSLETTER: THE EDUCATOR'S PULSE
In promoting excellence in the teaching profession, the South African Council For Educators is pleased to introduce the 'The Educator's Pulse' which is an external newsletter aimed at educators, student educators and the general public. With the production of this newsletter, we want to create an informed community of educators and to enhance the image of the Teaching Profession. We believe that The Educator's Pulse will be beneficial and informative to all our educators. Educators are the heartbeat of the nation.
Please click here to read more The Educator's Pulse.
The African Forum of Teaching Regulatory Authorities (AFTRA) is an association of the Teaching Regulatory Authorities which is open to all African countries. The organization has grown in strength from its initial establishment by South African Council for Educators (SACE) and the Teachers Registration Council of Nigeria (TRCN) and now includes nearly twenty countries in its fold. This is a positive and encouraging development for the promotion of professionalism amongst teachers in the continent. AFTRA is a subset of the International Forum of Teaching Regulatory Authorities (IFTRA). Please click here to access the announcements- AFTRA Roundtable- Zambia 2015 and French version.
Delegates coming to the AFTRA event please click here to get more information on AFTRA logistics.
CATALOGUE OF ENDORSED ACTIVITIES FOR CPTD
The catalogue seeks to provide access to relevant information including:
- Names of Providers
- Summary providing more detail on the Provider and their areas of specialisation
- Contact details of the Providers
- Provinces where they are located
- Provinces and Districts where they conduct their activities and programmes
- Titles of the Activities offered by Providers
- Brief summaries giving more information on each activity
- The duration of the activity
- The amounts of PD points that will be accumulated by enrolling in these activities.
NB: Please note that the Catalogue is being updated and for more information contact Theo on 012 679 9721, e-mail: Provider@sace.org.za.
The CPTD System is in its implementation phase with both the Principals/Deputies and Heads of Department having signed-up. For more information on CPTD System and Professional Development Portfolio please click on the links below:
- CPTD system Presentation PL1 Orientation
- Professional Development Points Schedule
- CPTD Self Service Portal
- Professional Development Portfolio