Welcome to SACE
SACE GUIDELINES FOR DEVELOPING THE PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT PORTFOLIO (PDP)
- Guidance on identifying and analysing your professional development needs.
- A template to assist you in designing your Professional Development Plan (which is reviewable every year)
- Guidance on the kind of professional development activities / programmes you can participate in to address your professional development needs.
- Reflection on how the PD activities contributed towards your professional practice and competence
- A record and evidence of your participation in PD activities and PD points earned. To download the PDP Guidelines and PDP Template for Principals and Deputy Principals please click here.
CPTD MANAGEMENT PLAN FOR PRINCIPALS AND DEPUTY PRICIPALS
Principals and Deputy Principals signed up for the CPTD System in 2013. The HODs are signing up in 2014 and PL1 Educators will sign up in 2015. 2014 came with the start of the first 3 year cycle of active participation in the CPTD System by Principals and Deputy Principals. The HODs will start with their three year cycle in 2015 and the PL1 educators in 2016.
This CPTD System guide has been developed to:
- Support all educators, who signed-up for the CPTD System, with a month-by-month action plan and direction on how to participate in a three year CPTD cycle;
- Assist educators in navigating through the Professional Development Portfolio (PDP) during their three year CPTD cycle. Therefore, the guide should be used in conjunction with the Professional Development Portfolio (PDP) guidelines and templates available on the SACE website (www.sace.org.za), CPTD Self-Service Portal (accessed through the SACE website) and by contacting the SACE offices on 012 663 9517 (ask for the Professional Development Division) or firstname.lastname@example.org or 086 571 5260 (fax-to-email); and
- Assist educators and schools in allocating the Professional Development (PD) Points to their Teacher Initiated (Type 1) and School Initiated (Type 2) activities/programmes. To download the plan click here: CPTD Management Plan for Principals and Deputy Principals.
SACE CALL ON HEADS OF DEPARTMENTS (HODs) TO SIGN-UP FOR CPTD SYSTEM
Dear esteemed educator, welcome back after a well-deserved holiday. We trust that 2014 will be prosperous with good success. All Heads of Departments (HODs) are reminded to sign-up for the CPTD System. SACE started rolling out the CPTD Management System to the Principals and Deputy Principals as the 1st Cohort from the beginning of 2014. In addition, during 2014 all School Heads of Departments (HODs) – who also constitute the 2nd Cohort – will go through the CPTD orientation and sign-up process and start earning professional development points from self-initiated, school-initiated and externally initiated professional development programmes / activities from January 2015.
In order to determine your professional development needs as Heads of Departments (HODs), all HODs are kindly requested to participate in our research study. You can do so by completing the following questionnaire: HODs Professional Development Questionnaire.
*CPTD Catalogue of Approved Providers and Endorsed Activities. Please to download click here.
Latest Reports (right click and Save As... to download)
|SACE Professional Magazine||CPTD Handbook||SACE Annual Report 2012-2013|
|PDF Document - 862KB||PDF Document - 3.5MB|