Welcome to SACE
SECOND REPORTING PERIOD FOR PRINCIPALS AND DEPUTY PRINCIPALS
SACE would like to remind all Principals and Deputy Principals of their Second Reporting Period on Professional Development Activities. Reporting on professional development activities and points is done twice a year (in June and in November) to SACE.
You can EITHER do this electronically by logging in to the CPTD Self-Service Portal and upload your professional development activities and points OR by completing the template included in the CPTD Management System Orientation and Sign-Up Material, titled “Reporting My Professional Development Activities and Points to SACE”. For more information, kindly send us an email at email@example.com or phone us at (012) 663 9517
Policy and Research Division
Private Bag x127
240 Lenchen Avenue
SACE RESEARCH SEMINAR
SACE would like to thank each and everyone who attended our first seminar on 28 October 2014. The event proved to be a great success and gave various role-players in education an opportunity to share information and discuss the important matter of Professional Development Needs in the South African education environment.
Thank you to all the presenters for sharing such valuable information during the seminar. For the presentations, kindly go to the following links:
- CPD in Flanders
- IQMS and Developmental Needs
- Preliminary Findings of Professional Development Needs
- Sector Skills Planning (SSP) in Schools
SACE ANNUAL REPORT 2013/14
SACE tabled its Annual Report for the 2013/14 financial year. Click here to download the report (Annual Report 2013/14)
CATALOGUE OF APPROVED PROVIDERS AND ENDORSED ACTIVITIES FOR CPTD
The catalogue seeks to provide access to relevant information including:
- Names of Providers
- Summary providing more detail on the Provider and their areas of specialisation
- Contact details of the Providers
- Provinces where they are located
- Provinces and Districts where they conduct their activities and programmes
- Titles of the Activities offered by Providers
- Brief summaries giving more information on each activity
- The duration of the activity
- The amounts of PD points that will be accumulated by enrolling in these activities.
Please click below to access more information on the Catalogue:
- Assessment endorsed Activities
- ICT Endorsed Activities
- Curriculum Endorsed Activities
- Leadership and Management Endorsed Activities
- Mathematics Endorsed Activities
- Arts and Culture Endorsed Programmes
- Skills Development Endorsed Programmes
- Wellness Related
- Special Needs Endorsed Programmes
SACE CALL ON HEADS OF DEPARTMENTS (HODs) TO SIGN-UP FOR CPTD SYSTEM
Dear esteemed educator, welcome back after a well-deserved holiday. We trust that 2014 will be prosperous with good success. All Heads of Departments (HODs) are reminded to sign-up for the CPTD System. SACE started rolling out the CPTD Management System to the Principals and Deputy Principals as the 1st Cohort from the beginning of 2014. In addition, during 2014 all School Heads of Departments (HODs) – who also constitute the 2nd Cohort – will go through the CPTD orientation and sign-up process and start earning professional development points from self-initiated, school-initiated and externally initiated professional development programmes / activities from January 2015.
Please do so by completing the following form and sending it back to us at firstname.lastname@example.org (email) or 086 571 5260 (fax-to-email). All Principals and Deputy Principals who have not signed up during 2013 are reminded to urgently sign up since this is their first year of accumulation of CPTD points. Head of Department (HOD) Profile Form.
In order to determine your professional development needs as Heads of Departments (HODs), all HODs are kindly requested to participate in our research study. You can do so by completing the following questionnaire: HODs Professional Development Questionnaire.
Additional information for HODs, Principals and Deputy principals
- Educators Guide
- PDP Guidelines - HODs
- CPTD PDP Templates - HODs
- PDP Guidelines - Principals and Deputy Principals
- CPTD PDP Templates - Principals and Deputy Principals