- Home /
- About Us /
- SACE Overview /
- Core Values
ACCOUNTABILITY: the fact or condition of being required or expected to justify actions or
decisions: The Council and profession is willing to account for ethical/unethical conduct by
• DIGNITY: the state or quality of being worthy of honour: The Council and profession strive to treat
staff, educators and members of the public with integrity, humanity and compassion.
• INTEGRITY: is the practice of being honest and showing a consistent and uncompromising
adherence to strong moral and ethical principles and values. Integrity within the Council Context is
regarded as the honest, forthcoming, and truthfulness actions.
• QUALITY: The Council undertakes to provide quality and excellent service to educators and the
profession as a whole.
• RESPECT: due regard for the feelings, wishes or rights of others: The Council and profession are
committed to displaying due respect and consideration with regard to the feelings, wishes and
rights of members and the public.
• RESPONSIBILITY: the state or fact of having a duty to deal with something or the power to
influence or direct people’s behaviour or the course of events: The Council and profession strive to
take ownership of their actions and directly influence the behaviour of members.
• SERVICE-ORIENTED: ensuring that the teaching profession in general and educators in particular
are serviced satisfactorily at all times: Serving educators is priority number one for all SACE
• TOLERANCE: the ability or willingness to tolerate the existence of systems, opinions or behaviours
that one dislikes or disagrees with: The Council and profession willing to accept, consider and
understand different views and opinions regarding the relevant professional and ethical standards.
• TRANSPARENCY: The Council and profession commit to honest and open communication and
sharing of information between stakeholders.