CPTD Management System
PROVINCES AND MEMBERS
The Province and members Sub-Division of the Professional Development and Research Division is responsible for the implementation of the CPTD Management system in all provinces. In doing so, it works directly with stakeholders and the relevant Directorates in the Provincial Departments of Education to coordinate and facilitate the implementation of the CPTD management system. SACE started a process of establishing strong, nurtured, and sustained relations with all stakeholders (Teacher Unions, NAISA, SPA, SGB Associations, HESA’s Education Deans Forum) and the 9 Provincial Departments of Education.
In coordinating the CPTD management system activities taking place in provinces it will also provide on-going support to teachers in terms of their CPTD sign-up processes, availability and accessibility of the PD providers and activities databases, recording and reporting their participation in PD activities, utilization of the CPTD-IS self-service portal, managing the cycles and general information of the CPTD management system.
Additionally, the Sub-Division is responsible for liaising with all providers in terms of recording points earned by educators, and updating educator’s record of points on an on-going basis. The Sub-Division is also be responsible for providing educators with information on endorsed CPTD activities available on the database, points earned, and any other CPTD information they may want to know. It is responsible for developing educator support material and advocacy content material on the CPTD system.
CPTD System Phased-in Implementation
SACE Council approved the CPTD implementation plan in November 2012. Thereafter, the Professional Development and Research Division had 25 national and provincial meetings with stakeholders and provincial education departments to share the CPTD implementation plan, get buy-in, clarify roles and responsibilities and identify areas of collaboration. In addition, the Division continues to share the CPTD system implementation plan in various educational gatherings such as, Departments of Education meetings, Teacher union conferences/meetings, SAPA district/provincial and national conferences, Independent schools associations and principals meetings in the districts.
The CPTD system implementation will be phased-in to the educators from January 2014 according to the three identified cohorts - Principals and Deputy-principals, Heads of Department, and PL1 Teachers. This means, the first CPTD implementation cohort will start participating in the SACE Endorsed Professional Development activities provided by the SACE approved Providers and earn points from them.
1st Cohort (first CPTD Cycle starts from January 2014 – December 2016 and thereafter every three years)
The first cohort will combine Principals and Deputy-Principals. This will assist the phasing-in process because the numbers are small as compared to the HoDs and the rest of the teachers. Secondly, having learned from the processes on introducing new initiatives and policies in the system, it is important that the principals and deputy-principals go through the system first so that they can be able to (a) create a culture of on-going development in their schools, (b) be in a strong position to support their educators from an informed position, and (c) manage the implementation of the CPTD system at school level.
2nd Cohort (first CPTD Cycle starts from January 2015 – December 2017 and thereafter every three years)
The second cohort will be Heads of Departments (HoDs). Again the HoDs will be in a better position to support their staff on the implementation of the CPTD system.
3rd Cohort (first CPTD Cycle starts from January 2016 – December 2018 and thereafter every three years)
The third cohort will be Post level 1 teachers. Their buy-in into the CPTD system will be enhanced since their seniors would have gone through the process already.
The CPTD National Orientation and Sign-up team has been established and capacitated on the 11 – 12 February 2013. This team is made up of SACE, Department of Basic Education (Teacher Development / EMGD / Educator Performance Management and Development Directorates), national teacher unions, SAPA and NAISA. This team is assisting SACE the process of orientating educators on the CPTD Management System and signing them up for on the CPTD Information System (CPTD-IS).
SIGNING UP ON THE CPTD INFORMATION SYSTEM
All educators must sign-up manually or electronically on the CPTD-IS before they participate in their 1st CPTD Cycle. The following are the SIGN-UP YEARS for the three identified cohorts:
- 1st Cohort Sign-Up: All Principals and Deputy Principals MUST Sign-Up on the CPTD-IS from 1st March to 06 December 2013 in preparation to their 1st CPTD Cycle from January 2014 onwards.
- 2nd Cohort Sign-Up: All HODs MUST Sign-up on the CPTD-IS from January 2014 – 31st October 2014 in preparation for their 1st CPTD Cycle from January 2015 onwards.
- 3rd Cohort Sign-up: All PL1 Teacher MUST Sign-up on the CPTD-IS from January 2015 – 31st October 2015 in preparation for their 1st CPTD Cycle from January 2015 onwards.
NOTE: ALL PRINCIPALS AND DEPUTY PRINCIPALS MUST SIGN-UP BY 06 DECEMBER 2013.
(a) Manual Sign-up (Filling-in the Form)
You can sign-up manually by filling in the attached manual sign-up form ( MANUAL SIGN-UP FORM) and return it to SACE using one of the following contact details:
Attention: Senior Manager PD and Research
Private Bag x 127, CENTURION, 0046
SACE Building, Block 1, Krossway Park, 240 Lenchen Avenue, CENTURION, 0157
Fax-to-Email: 086 571 5260; Email:firstname.lastname@example.org; Tel: 012 663 9517 (Ella T/Zama)
LOGIN INTO THE CPTD SELF-SERVICE PORTAL AFTER RETURNING YOUR FORM TO SACE AND RECEIVING YOUR USERNAME AND PASSWORD THROUGH SMS
1. Go into www.sace.org.za
2. Go to the CPTD Tab on top and choose “CPTD Self-service portal”
3. Choose the Educator Login Tab on the left
4. Enter your username and password as you received them
5. You can now navigate through the self-service portal, update information, report a CPTD related problem, etc
(b) Electronic Sign-up (CPTD Self-Service Portal)
You have a choice of signing-up electronically as follows:
ELECTRONIC SIGN-UP STEPS
6. Go into www.sace.org.za
7. Click on the CPTD Tab on top and choose “CPTD Self-service portal”
8. It will take you to the Sign-Up Screen. Then Choose "EDUCATOR SIGN-UP”
9. Choose South African Educator or Foreign Educator
10. Enter your details (Name, Surname, SACE Number and ID Number). Remember ID number is a mandatory field.
12. It will take you to a screen with your personal details to complete.
13. Once your done with filling in the information on the screen, SAVE”
14. It will take you back to the LOGIN Screen and give you USERNAME and PASSWORD (Please save them somewhere where they will not get lost. You will also get your username and password through sms on your cell phone.
15. Then choose EDUCATOR LOGIN on the same screen
16. Enter USERNAME and PASSWORD as they were when you received them
17. Fill in your qualifications, subjects etc
18. You can now navigate through the self-service portal, update information, report a CPTD related problem, etc
19. PLEASE GIVE US FEEDDBACK ON YOUR SIGN-UP AND LOGIN EXPERIENCES though email, fax, post, or phone.